Welcome to GWR Procurement
Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line train services. We help over 100 million passengers reach their destinations every year - across South Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, and large parts of Southern England.
The aim of the GWR Procurement team is to ensure that its contracts provide excellent value for money by looking to optimise opportunities for innovation, continued improvement and economies of scale, wherever possible through both its own and other FirstGroup business units, for the provision of the various goods, services and works requirements it needs to operate an effective and efficient railway for its passengers.
Our category managers are experts in their field with in depth knowledge of the markets in which the organisation operates.
The team constantly seeks to monitor the supply base and benchmark costs against other providers to ensure the highest quality, and best value, service is provided to the business and its customers.
This is achieved by:
- Maintaining an industry competitive procurement capability
- Ensuring the efficiency of the procurement function and focusing on people development
- Supporting GWR stakeholders to understand its requirements
- Improving efficiency throughout the Purchase to Pay process
- Managing risk.
- Seeking innovation
- Optimising its end to end process (contract negotiation, contract management and performance)"